Thursday, May 22, 2008

Don't Try This At Home



Hannah who is 9, almost 10, is into food coloring right now. She keeps begging me to add food coloring to all kinds of different foods. Every time my "knee jerk" response is to say no but then I think - What harm can come from a little color?


Well, let me tell you, trying to make yellow hominy purple does not work! She added the appropriate amounts of purple and red, but, as you see, there is a definate mixture problem. We ended up having a lovely lavender cole slaw.
Adam and Hannah thoroughly enjoyed their dinner. My husband Scott and other daughter Holly joined us a little bit later. You should have seen the looks on their faces.
Not a lot of the hominy got eaten.

1 comment:

Renee said...

What a fun Mom you are! Your children are blessed!