Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Fingerprintless

The FBI gave up on trying to see my fingerprints after 2 trips to the Dept. of Homeland Security to the the offices of US Citizenship and Immigration Services. This is where one of the many applications must be filed in order to bring your internationally adopted child home to the US. Today I returned with a 3rd trip to give a sworn statement that "I'm not a crook", as my daughter Hannah puts it. And I'm not, although my lack of fingerprints might suggest that it would have been a nice fit for me.


The good news is that Sharon, my new best friend at USCIS, said that with the statement everything is done and she'll put our approval in the mail. Yah hoo! This step needs to happen in order to get our letter from the US embassy in Ghana giving us the go-ahead to come to the embassy. Scott will go to Ghana when all is in place, to file another immigration application.


By the way, everyone will be happy to know that I found my missing Croc's. They were in my daughter's room next to the bird cage. We also found Hannah's missing single shoe next to the pond at my sister's house. Now why didn't we check there!
(Actually, I didn't even notice she came home with only one shoe!)

2 comments:

Heather said...

So cute! I can't wait to get to know your family better as we go through this amazing wonderful experience. Can you believe Williams has seen your pictures? It is amazing, isn't it?!
Thanks!
Heather Dionne

--julie said...

Hey Amy!

So glad you're blogging! It will be great to keep up with each missing shoe episode as it's happening!

So, I need to ask you to back up the truck...you don't HAVE any fingerprints? Huh?