Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Injured Dork


This I did not need! I do not have time for it! All I can say is, at least the small child in front of the school bus is ok. As I picked up the kids from school I saw a toddler, separated from it's mother, wander into the path of a speeding school bus. Of course I had to make a mad dash into traffic and rescue the child from certain death just in the nick of time. How could I live with myself if I hadn't?
And how could I live with myself if I didn't tell you I was lying through my teeth? Really, I accidentally stepped halfway off the curb in the front circle of the school and toppled into the line of traffic waiting to pick up their kids. There could not have been a more visible, busy place to stage one of my epic falls. The dork meter is off the charts on this one. Oh, why, oh, why couldn't it at least be a better story behind it?
The good news is that I was carrying Williams at the time of the tumble and he was perfectly fine. He's also too young to be embarrassed by me yet. Give him time, give him time.

6 comments:

Jen said...

OMGoodness! I feel bad for you but that is too funny! Why is it that these things are usually caused by a curb?
I must admit though, the one time I did damage my foot in high school, it was sand volleyball- how hot is that?!! My math teacher was so jealous as we had the same foot brace thingy at the same time and of course she did hers by... falling off the curb!

I hope you are up and at em soon! :-)

Heather said...

Oh my goodness that is so funny! I really am sorry about your leg though. Even if I'm laughing bout it. A lot. Thanks for sharing your dorkified moment with all of us.

Sedning you get well wishes.

Heather A

Ericka said...

You are terrible. My stomach was all in knots!
But seriously, glad to have other members of the dork club!
Too funny!

Robin Dodd Photography said...

AMY!!!!!!!! You Dork. I thought you were serious at first I"m so TIRED right now!! HAHAH! I'm like.. speeding school bus.. Girl, pull up a glass of wine, and call me.

Amy said...

Wow Amy! That first story had me going. The second one, while less dramatic, I'm sure was more fun to witness!

Sorry you are going to be hobbling around and glad Williams is ok!

Fabu

Heather said...

Hey Dork, did you injure your fingers too? We need a Williams update!!

Heather