Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The End is Near!

Our final piece of paperwork has been approved! I guess the U.S. Department of Homeland Security has ruled that it poses no threat to national security to allow Sweet Williams to immigrate to the United States. We have been deemed financially stable, emotionally stable (yeah, right!), parentally(sp?) stable by the U.S. and the Ghanaian governments and will now be allowed to move this little peanut of a kid into our home. I never thought this day would come. Well, yes, I did, but it just seemed like it might take forever, literally.

As far as I know, Williams' visa was applied for today by our POA in Ghana and that is absolutely the final piece of paperwork required. Everyone keeps asking, "How long do you have to stay in country to pick Williams up?" The response is, "Not at all. We're done!" Unbelievable! Scott has even joked about having someone just drop Williams off at the airport so that he doesn't have to leave the airport. As you can see, he's not nearly as excited as I was to experience Africa.

The ticket will be purchased tomorrow, but at this moment Scott is scheduled to leave for Ghana on Thursday, Aug. 7 and return home, WITH WILLIAMS, on Wednesday, Aug. 13 at 10:35am, but who's keeping track?

I can't wait to smell his head! Just a little quirk I have. God has blessed me with 4 children with the best smelling heads in the world!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Amy, congratulations! This is such wonderful news. I just love Williams and am so excited to see him come home to you all! I am so glad you have a blog so you will keep us updated with pictures! I am sure there will be plenty of time for that with four kids! LOL

Jennine

Heather said...

Amy Jo, don't forget your behind the ear quirk...

Blessings,
Heather

mama-mack said...

this is all very exciting!! congratulations and good luck! can't wait to meet williams :)

--julie said...

oh my goodness, oh my goodness, oh my goodness!!