Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Scott's Ghana Bound

I guess I wont do a day-by-day version of my trip to Ghana. (You all are lucky!) I can't believe it's already time for Scott to head off to Africa. I'm hoping that I can get him to blog from there. I am anxious to get his perspective. I have so much information in my head from our AAI Yahoo group, blog reading, and research, that I can't quite bring myself "down to his level" :-) on Ghana knowledge. I'm sure there are things I should tell him to help him, but I'm not sure where to start. And, to be honest, he probably wouldn't listen much after the first couple of minutes.

A mom who's there right now had a really, really bad experience with the chop house where I ate almost every meal, so he's going to have to blaze his own trail when it comes to eating. (I can't bear to tell the gross story!) I'm sending him with protein bars and a jar of peanut butter. I could live a long time on just that.

He's going to be paranoid about getting ringworm since I have it all over my left arm. I feel pretty good that that's all I came home with...completely treatable and no big deal. He's started on his anti-malarial medication, and, as I suspected, he never went back to get the Hep. A and B shot that I told him to get.

I packed all of Williams things today and it was one of the most rewarding activities I think I've ever experienced. Why isn't packing Scott's stuff as much fun? Preparing for this trip is a piece of cake compared to the last one where I had to take all the paperwork to file our I600 and possibly the I864. I hope I'm not being too laid back about the packing process. I feel like I should be experiencing a lot more stress than I am. Maybe this is just called "being organized" which doesn't happen to me often.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Maybe it is called peace... that's what I will call it! I'm so excited for you, and Scott. He will have such a rewarding time, and he is going to LOVE WIlliams. Can't wait to hear all about his trip.
Love you guys,
Heather

Tell him to love up on my 4 ok?

Robin Dodd Photography said...

AMY!!
I cannot wait to hear about things from Scott's perspective. Shawn said the same thing. "He was taking peanut butter and protein bars!!"

Amy said...

Hi Amy,

I am so sorry I had to ruin the chop house for everyone, but I thought it better to share! Still, Scott was wondering how a cooked meal could come with the special side order it did, as they should have been cooked. I did wonder that too... could they have been set down on something where they were? Who knows, but all I know it they were there all right! Ever since Ellen takes a good long look before she eats anything we order out! Ha!

Glad that Scott called you on the phone. It was such a blessing to keep in touch while I was gone. Williams is just SO happy to be with dad and couldn't wait to get out of Eban House with him. :) He is a love, that boy!

Amy Fabu