Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Williams is home!




I've put this off for long enough! The thought of trying to condense all that has happened and is happening into words has been too overwhelming for me, I just avoided it. So here I am, starting anywhere just to get started.




Williams is home, and boy is he home. Talk about life-changing! I try to imagine what it's like to be him experiencing everything that he is and missing everything that he is. I'm having a little trouble dealing with the massive changes taking place in my life and they don't even begin to compare with his changes.



I didn't realize this picture was so blurry and I don't know how to take it out so it's stuck there for now.
Tomorrow will be 2 weeks since Williams homecoming. The traveling home was hardly a piece of cake for either Williams or Scott. Williams was obviously overwhelmed and scared. He had a few temper tantrums on the plane that earned Scott the gold medal you see in the above picture around his neck. On top of that, he (Scott) became sick on their second day of travel. Apparently he wasn't as careful as he should have been in watching what he ate.
A long story short, they made it home and we are now in the process of figuring out how to live, us with a new son, him with a new family, in a new country, state, city, house, room, etc.
I know this is not a well composed post, but I wanted to force myself back into the blogosphere. It can only get better from here!















5 comments:

Amy said...

Yea Amy!!! I am so glad to see some photos and get an update! Sorry I put the pressure on you. ;)

I think of your family often and hope things will settle in soon...

Fabu (your pushy admirer)

Heather said...

Amy, thanks for the update. I've been stalking your blog daily hoping to get a pic of Williams. Hang in there. It does get easier.

Blessings, Heather A

--julie said...

So great to hear about it, Amy. I too have been checking daily, thinking I can't possibly imagine what it's like.

Sending lots of love and praying often for you all....
welcome back to the blogosphere!

Heather said...

Oh Amy, Williams is such a cutie, and looks Fabu in your family!! I'm sorry its such an adjustment, I'll be praying for you for sure.

Hugs and Love, Amy Jo,
Heather

Robin Dodd Photography said...

AMY!! What a cute pic! thinking of you often and gearing up for the girls to be here in three weeks!!! AAHHHHH!!! Glad your blogging!! Have missed you.