Friday, June 20, 2008

New and Improved Travel Plan

My brain is in a continuous loop that it can't get off. How can my husband fall asleep while I'm talking to him when I can't stop THINKING?!!! Today I got the great news that Williams passport has been received which is one of the highly variable time frames when it comes to documentation. All we need now is the adoption decree and it's time to go file the I600 in Ghana.

This is where my brain is stuck. I think I've come up with a new and improved travel plan. Up until now Scott was planning on taking the first trip to Ghana to file the I600 and spend the week with Williams while I would be the one to return shortly after that to whisk Williams home to the US. The hitch in the plan is that the adoption decree should be to us around July 4. Well, Mr. Scott has a softball tournament with Hannah's team on the weekend of July 11. He's thinking that going the 14th would be great and I find that TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!!!! :-) (I give it a smiley face, but it's still UNACCEPTABLE.)

So, anyway, here's the new plan which, by the way, is highly acceptable. :-) (That's a real smiley face.) I will travel to Ghana on July 7 to file the I600. It is perfect because I do not have to be back in the event that I get held up by paperwork. It's also perfect because Holly and Hannah are going to church camp that whole week so I would only have to arrange a schedule for Adam. Oh yeah, and Scott can be at the darned tournament, sheesh!

In early to mid August, when there is no softball, no soccer, no baseball, no basketball, no bobsledding etc, Scott can go to Ghana and bring the Wills home. Another bonus is that this way every dish in the whole house wont be dirty when Williams arrives since I'm the only one who can load a dishwasher or wash a dish, you know.

Excellent plan, I think! If Scott could stay awake when I'm talking to him, I'm sure he would agree!

3 comments:

Chalene said...

I am so excited that you are beginning to plan for your first trip. It will be an awesome one. Williams is so sweet and boy will he be so excited to see you. :0)
Sending happy thoughts your way!
Chalene

Amy said...

Best of luck with your plans Amy! Never have a few days difference ever mattered so much, am I right?! :) I totally getcha on that one.

May your journey be blessed Amy!

Fabu

Heather said...

I'm so excited that you might be going to Ghana soon, and with such a well thought out plan! :)