Thursday, June 26, 2008

Visa...check!

I wish everything could be as efficient as the Ghanaian Embassy in DC. Maybe I'm giving them too much credit, but I was floored by how fast I got my visa. The application said that processing time was 5 business days. I fed-ex'd it, paid for expedited service and boy was it expedited. The best $30 I've ever spent. I mailed it Tuesday afternoon and received it on my doorstep this morning (Thursday)! I enjoy gazing at the sticker because it helps it feel more real.



I spent several hours going through kids clothes at our church today. We have piles and piles of clothes left over from our 2 yard sales we've had and I shopped for the Eban House kids today. One of their needs right now is clothes. They have just had a huge number of kids join the home so there are lots of little bodies to clothe.



I'm hearing the clock ticking down the minutes until I leave for Ghana. Not so much because I'm excited, which I am, but because I feel like there's too much to do with to little time to do it. So what's new, right? I only have until next Thursday to prepare because we'll be leaving for the Lake of the Ozarks on July 3 and wont return until July 6. I leave July 7, ready or not.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Amy, I am so excited for you to meet Williams, he is such a sweet boy! I will be anxiously awaiting your trip and to see pictures of you two together!!

Jennine

--julie said...

You'll be ready.
Praying for you all!